Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Exciting New Life

I can't believe my new life sometimes. I will be going back and forth to San Francisco for work. I am numb with disbelief. I am still getting over the fact that I actually graduated after 12 years of school, and here I am in a new world of responsibilities and business travel.

I am terrified, of course. I keep thinking they are going to find out I am a fraud, but I am not. You would think that I would have a little more self-worth by now.

So THAT is happening and it pretty much absorbs most of my thoughts these days. I am still reading (Anna Karenina, Elegance of the Hedgehog and People's History of the United States), still listening to vast amounts of music (today: Flogging Molly, Pink, Sting, The Dodos and The Smiths) and I am playing Borderlands like it is my second job.

I am getting a new tattoo very soon. This one has been long coming, it was going to be my high school graduation gift to myself. I am super excited as it will be my third one on my arm and I will start filling in my sleeve. I can't wait to be done with my arm; it feels like I am walking around half-finished. Then again that may not be the sleeve, that may be a whole other set of existential issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment